As I had mentioned before, whilst cleaning up my craft room I came across some project stuffs I had gotten a long time back but had yet to get to. With my double pointed needle collection growing unruly in my sophisticated system of tattered boxes thrown in a plastic bag, this project jumped to the head of the queue.
Inspired by Grumperina’s clever case made from a cloth napkin this worked up rather easily. Hurray for no hemming! I even got these napkins from a close-out store so I’m extra pleased with them on thrifty points.
In the center a piece of wide elastic is sewn down in intervals (mine were from 3/4″ – 1.5″). Then the top and bottom are folded up and a line is sewn in from the edge to hold them in place.
I added polka dot ribbons to mine for the closure. I should have gotten a lighter colored thread as what I had on hand is too dark to blend in very well. I contemplated either fabric gluing or sewing a strip of cloth to the center on the outside to cover my not so neat sewing but in the end decided I could live with it. :) As for functionality, it works perfect! It’s so nice having all my dpns in one easy to get to place. Now I can just toss the whole roll in my knitting bag and no worries not having the right size on the go.